GET YOUR GLOW ON


I'm sure by now most of you have heard of Frank Body, the Melbourne coffee-based skin care company. Yes, coffee-based skin care. Their scrubs have been around for a few years and they have steadily expanded their range. I purchased their new Shimmer Scrub and their Glow Mask and I can see what all of the hype is about.

As a person obsessed with all things skincare - moisturisers, soaps, exfoliators, scrubs, hand cream, you name it - I had to jump on this bandwagon at some point. The day I went onto their website they had just launched their latest addition, the Shimmer Scrub. I opted for this not only because of the packaging (which is so stunning, it's groovy and I love it) but because they claimed it would 'exfoliate, moisturise and leave the skin with a subtle shimmer'.





Honestly, I think the marketing and advertising for this product have been overdone because it really does only give a subtle shimmer. The products tag-line, 'Throw shimmer - not shade' along with photos of models with disco balls and sparkles on their asses make the product out to be a unicorn scrub or something; achieving a magical and unreal shimmer. When I bought it I didn't read on their website that it was a subtle shimmer, and anyone else who didn't read that would initially feel disappointed and somewhat let down because the first time I used it I could barely see any glow. (Obviously I had no expectations to be like a walking highlighter human but I expected a bit more okay...)

For 200g worth of product, I feel like the price tag was a bit high at $19.95 AUD but I suppose you have to keep in mind that it is a limited-edition addition to their range. I'm scared to use too much because I don't want it to run out too quickly, so I'm using it in moderation at the moment. Despite all of that, I do like the product. It smells incredible and for someone who can't drink coffee, this makes as an alright substitute. My skin did feel incredibly smooth after I used it, and I didn't even feel the need to moisturise afterwards because my skin felt hydrated and overall nice.


I also purchased the Glow Mask and I am in love. The directions say to use it twice a week and massage it into your face and neck, leave on for five minutes and then wash off. I absolutely love this product, it makes my face indescribably smooth and that smoothness lasts for a while as well. I want to be a rebel and use this more than twice a week because it is THAT good. I don't even mind spending the $21.95 AUD on it, just because it is such a great product. I find that it does compliment the other products I use in my skincare routine, as I've been using this every night for more than a year now and if I put the Glow Mask on of a night I'll wash my face in the shower first with the Body Shop Vitamin E wash and then later use the mask. My skin just feels so hydrated and soft and clean and I live for that honestly. After using both products together my face does look more radiant and glowing, a very natural and healthy look; so I highly recommend this product.


Their branding is exciting, cheeky and appealing to young females through their use of pastels and language. Pretty much everything about the brand is good, and I'm especially glad that they use natural ingredients and are cruelty-free. It makes having good-feeling skin even better knowing they're an ethical brand.

Have you tried any of Frank Body's other products? Or do you have any other skincare brands you love? Leave a comment below and lets chat!

by Madeline

xxx

4 comments:

  1. The packaging for the Frank scrub is truly amazing!

    Olivia / Olivia Roses

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never tried any frank scrubs but the shimmer one sounds just so good and the packaging is beautiful.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha I laughed when I was reading about the unicorn scrub! Seriously, though, their packaging is to die for! Great post xx

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used this product and I can personally vouch for it. Whoever runs this blog is just gorgeous and I wish I could get her number. Hottie/10, love a totally innocent bystander :)

    ReplyDelete

© Épanoui; by Madeline. Design by A.