HALCYON DAYS


When you hear the two words, Bondi Beach, images of tourists, waves, and bikinis probably come to mind. Despite living in Australia all of my life, I had only ever been to Bondi once. And that was last year. So naturally, I decided I had to go back and spend the day there.


On Instagram I saw a post from Speedo's Cafe and I instantly knew I had to eat there, the food looked amazing and has been raved about by so many people. When we got there we were lucky enough to get a table outside as a family was leaving, otherwise, I think we would have had to either wait for a while or find somewhere else to eat.



Our food did not take long to come to the table which I was super pleased about because I was a hungry little vegemite. The day we went was the launch of their new menu (not a completely new menu but some new additions). I had the new waffles and (sadly) they looked better than they tasted. Not to say they didn't taste nice, but the proportion of ice-cream to waffle was so wrong and the waffle itself lacked flavour. It was a matcha waffle so perhaps that's what they're supposed to taste like, but for me it needed to have a bit of an oomph to it. 

The french toast on the other hand... boy oh boy. That was good. I ordered the wrong meal honestly. (If I go back though I think I'll try the pancakes because they are actually supposed to be very good). 


I highly recommend the banana smoothie, but next time I definitely want to try the vegan peanut butter thick shake because it sounded heavenly- honestly.

After we finished our food, we headed down to the beach. The weather forecast was cloudy, windy and around sixteen degrees so I did not even anticipate going for a swim at the beach. "But, you're at Bondi Beach! How could you not swim!" If I knew the weather was going to play the card it did, I would have packed accordingly. However, as this was not the case, time was passed by sitting on the beach - enjoying the view & the company. 



We wandered around the streets and had a squiz.


We also stopped at Pressed Juices & Doughnut Time (because how can you not?!)


All in all, it was a lovely day.

by Madeline 

xxx

No comments:

© Épanoui; by Madeline. Design by A.