ALEXANDRIA



A few Sundays ago, my boyfriend and I ventured to the Grounds of Alexandria. We had been there before in late 2016 and decided it was time to go back.




The Grounds are stunning and it was a lovely sunny Winter's day. But in all honesty, it was too crowded and too busy to have a good time. It's a nice place to have a wander around - that is if you can actually move. I brought my camera intending to take some really beautiful shots, but it was too hard to - hence why I am posting not a great deal of photos today! We went on a Sunday which was probably a mistake, perhaps it is quieter during the week, but nevertheless. We lined up to enter their café and it was an hour and a half wait, so they have a fairly efficient booking system where you give them your phone number and they text you when your table is ready.



The menu was very small and had barely any vegetarian options but the chai latte and hot chocolate were nice. I had the roasted vegetable bowl with quinoa, brown rice and bubba ganoush; and Conor had the stacked avocado toast. The food was nice but nothing ~crazy spectacular amazing worthwhile~. Definitely could have had a better feed anywhere within a 15-minute diameter of my house.

However, their bakery is something quite extraordinary. Their cakes, doughnuts, bread... aaaah. The highlight of the place honestly (as well as their floral features).





They have a florist within the Grounds and I wish I could move in there because it is so beautiful, the flowers are fresh and fragrant and they have so many varieties! It was like a stunning sea of blooms and I really want my future garden to be as diverse and I will create a cute little reading / relaxing nook in the backyard, surrounded by the flowers. #dreamin





If you're in Sydney and have a few hours to spare then visit the Grounds, maybe on a weekday not during school holiday season, and check it out for yourself.












by Madeline 

xxx

No comments:

© Épanoui; by Madeline. Design by A.